Wednesday, September 24, 2014

If It is Your Time to Move, Just do it!

Good Morning,

I was meditating this morning and as I looked back I remember about this time in 2012 I was ready to return home to Memphis. We were homeless and I couldn't find a job in Orange County, California. I recall my anger with God because the move proved more difficult than I thought it would be. But I was determined to bring Robyn here to attend a brain-injury program that would assist with her cognitive rehabilitation.

I remember my kids saying, no, mom let's just wait it out. My younger son asked me where was the faith I had taught him. Yeah, that was my eye opener, if my teenage son could believe that the God I taught him about would deliver us, why couldn't I?

Change is difficult, but sometimes necessary. Many times we turn back because the process appears overwhelming. We will run back into captivity because we have conditioned ourselves to believe it was comfortable, instead of running into the arms of God and trusting he will deliver us to a safe place. Isn't he an awesome God!

So I shared that because many times when it is time to move, because of fear and what may happen, we stay in places longer than we should. If it is your time to move, do it, trusting that whatever happens God will see you through it and deliver you to where he wants you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment