Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Believe in what you asked God for


Good morning! Good morning!  I know I have been quiet.  I have been taking care of some other things that the Lord led me to address.  I have also moved into the book of Matthew. Just moving along as the Holy Spirit directs me.  It’s a New Year and I am being more purposeful with God and my study of the word.  Listening and moving forward in spite of the appearance of opposition.
Everything that happens in the lives of the children of God should bring us closer to him.  Even the things we bring on ourselves work together to accomplish what God purposes for us.  The lessons learned help us become bolder in our walk.  As I look forward to the coming year, I anticipate a new season.  This is the year for new beginnings. 

This morning my study was in chapter 14 of Matthew.  My focus this morning was on the disciples. When they were in the boat, in the midst of a storm, and thought Jesus was a ghost walking on the water.  Peter asked him, if it is you Lord command me to come to you on the water.  The Lord responded to Peter,” come.”  Peter stepped out and was walking on the water.  Peter knew it was storming before he left the boat, but I imagine he did not realize how great the storm was until he was on the water.  As he started towards Jesus, he looked at his surroundings and started to sink.  This was because his faith wavered.  But Jesus was watching, and as soon as Peter cried out to him, he rescued Peter.

So as we go forward in this New Year, remember this, whatever you have asked God for, the journey towards it is not going to be without challenges.  Don’t get in the midst of the journey and turn around because of the storms, they will come.  If the Lord is calling you towards it, then he has prepared the way. He already knows what opposing forces will come against you.  He has already equipped you for it.  Keep your eyes on Jesus and don’t be afraid to take on whatever he is calling you to do.  Let this be a year of unwavering faith to overcome the lies of the deceiver who does not want you to receive all that God has for you. 

God has already changed the course of one chapter of my life where the odds were insurmountable.  I am stepping out of the boat again in 2015 and anticipate this will be another year where he changes the course predicted by the deceiver.

My challenge to you, get out of the boat and do whatever God has called you to do.


Be blessed and keep the faith.  Remember Jesus is always near, and like Peter, all you have to do is call out to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment