Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Wake up America!! Vote!

Good morning,

President Trump's rhetoric and actions remind me of a book I read years ago, The Allure of Toxic Leaders. One chapter of the book references Hitler's rise to power. Trump's rise to the White House is so similar to HItler's rise to power in Germany, it is frightening. Insecure, privileged people, afraid that they may become the minority, elect a tyrant, watch him destroy other people's lives, allow him to deregulate and create laws that are contrary to the wellfare of the people of this nation, watch as he consistently embarass this nation on the world stage - destroying the reputation of this nation, and then they boast about what a great job he is doing.
"When Hitler attacked the Jews I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned, And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the union and I was not concerned. Then HIlter attacked me and the Protestant church - and there was nobody left to be concerned."
- Rev Martin Niemoller
Wake up America!!! Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment